[Public-List] galley pumps

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon Sep 28 05:37:27 PDT 2009

Someone said get an electric pump. We have one on our A-37, I am trying to
figure out how to plumb for a dual system of foot pump and keep the electric
without plumbing for two entirely separate lines.

The problem with electric pumps is they use far too much water. The
advantage of electric is in winterizing - it depletes the 70 gallons of
water on the A-37 quickly.

Our A-30 had whale foot pumps and I miss them. We exhaust 70 gallons of
water cruising almost as fast as the 20 gallons on our old A-30.

Best

John