[Public-List] Queenstown Race Report

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:57:16 PDT 2009

Folks,

Quick e-mail update on the Alberg 30 Racing scene. The 2009 Queenstown
Race is in the books. We had 9 registered boats and 8 finishers on
Saturday, with 3 on sunday (the wind died). We were, by far, the
strongest fleet at the event. You can find a complete report with
pictures and race results at:

http://racing.alberg30.org/2009/09/2009-race-to-queenstown-and-back.html

A couple of things I want to bring to your attention:

1. The Navy game cruise is coming up this weekend and will be at my
mooring on Weems Creek in Annapolis. You are all welcome to come.
Please contact me or Harry Gamber if you plan to attend.

2. The final regatta of the year is going to be the Bruce Rankin
Memorial Canadian Friendship Regatta at PSA on the Magothy River
10/17-18. This regatta is scored as a team event, so if you plan to
race, start looking for a team member! There will be a 'white sail'
trophy for anybody who decides to participate in the event as a 'white
sail' registrant so please let me know if you plan to do so. If there
is anything I can do to help you make this event, please let me know.
Last year was a ton of fun with Larry Morris, Phil Beigel, and Mike
Meinhold doing a great job of organizing an event that everybody
enjoyed.

3. The high point standings are extremely close this year with Tim and
TC Williams in a very close race for the finish. It will very likely
come down to what happens at PSA in October. So stay tuned for an
exciting finish to the 2009 Alberg 30 racing season.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist