[Public-List] Cockpit deck core job

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 06:13:51 PDT 2010

Check this out...

http://www.coosacomposites.com/

I did a whole boat (Center console) with this stuff, including all of the support beams and stringers. Super strong - this is a work boat and gets a lot of abuse. I took 1100 lbs out of the boat when I replaced the deck; doubled the gas mileage; and increased the speed from 28 MPH to 55 MPH. I crash through waves and get airborn in this boat (just ask George). George help a lot with the reconstruction.

This stuff is expensive though - 1/2" 4x8 sheet was almost $400, the 1-1/2" sheet was nearly $600.

Mike Lehman