[Public-List] China strikes the A30 - Valve Failure

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Mon Apr 19 18:59:15 PDT 2010

Hi Mike,

I was about to chime in with this info.  The recall was a few years
ago, and affected the non-cast (at that time triangular base -
although the cast bronze ones recently went to that shape too)
seacocks.  The key was to look for a stainless stem/nut and not a
brass one.

That said, I am not very happy with their "equivalant" replacement
seacock either.  At least when I researched it (2007 or 2008), the
"improved" version had brass wetted components instead of the dodgy
stainless.  Not much of an improvement in my book.

For the "economical" level of seacock, I liked the Conbraco/Apollo.
At that time (would need to re-check) they were made with domestic
bronze wetted components.

The upper end (cast bronze) Grocos are still good, with a 316
stainless ball.  Also the Perkos have domestic bronze (or did, again,
when I researched), with an acetal ball.

Rachel
ex-#221