[Public-List] Valve Failure (Groco recall)

Don Lang potatosailor at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 15:06:39 PDT 2010

Groco has had a recall in effect for a year or two now on some older valves they had problems with.
Below is an excerpt from the service bulletin we received.

Cheers, Don

"GROCO's  design for the imported valves series shown above
specified  a high-grade stainless steel valve stem. We have
discovered  that the stem material used in some of the valves
manufactured  between 2004 and 2006 may not have complied with our specifications.  Valves with out-of-spec stems may not be suitable
for salt-water  use. Since the non-compliant silver color stems may
fail when  the valve is actuated we wish to have all such
valves removed  from service. GROCO will supply replacement valves
at no charge."