[Public-List] Marine Survey

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 26 10:29:46 PDT 2010

Mike wrote
I never understood the need for battery boxes when the batteries are under the
cabin sole (basically in a box) and strapped down. Why does one need a plastic
box too?

I agree with Mike.

I have been told that a tray, or other containment is needed, along with restraints, ungrounded terminal protection and ventilation are required.
Here is what the USCG says (it is more than you ever wanted to know).
http://www.uscgboating.org/regulations/boat_builders_handbook_and_regulations.aspx

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

"What really scares the dickens out of me is the strategist who's never had to put body bags on a helicopter."

James Mattis
GEN, USMC