[Public-List] reswaging?

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Thu Aug 26 07:41:58 PDT 2010

We have an interesting guy at our marina who fixes radar on commercial tow
boats (don't know why they call them tow boats when they actually push
barges).  I mentioned to him hearing that storing a mast outside in cold
climates can cause problems with standing rigging when ice gets in the
connections.  His reaction was that ice would expand the swag fittings and
that could be fixed by recompressing the fitting (not removing it, just
tightening it).

Does anyone see a problem w/ giving this a try? It seems logical, but.......

Thanks,

Roger 148