[Public-List] upgrading roller furling

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 19:36:54 PDT 2010

Hello Michael,

I just put a Harken Unit 1 furling system on Dolce, and love it. Seems to be heavy duty and fool proof - very easy to use.

The Harken appears to be the most popular system on the northwest coast, and gets good reviews for off shore sailing. The clevis pin is 1/2 " on this system. The north sails guy ( I also put on new sails this spring) says hoisting height for your genoa depends on the cut of the sail, and how far down from the mast head the halyard block needs to hang to get the correct angle to the head of the sail...

cheers
Glenn Brooks
Dolce