[Public-List] roller furling

John Scott jcscott at cpsc.com
Tue Aug 17 10:53:46 PDT 2010

Hello All.

(This is my second posting of this email.  Although I got a response
from Don Campbell (thank you Don) I did not see my query posted as a
listserv message in my email account...so I'm trying again.  Sorry if
I've created a double posting).  Don was helpful with his
recommendation, but in particular, now, I'm looking for specific
measurements (headstay diameter, clevis pin size) ...

I'm looking at upgrading my roller furling system on Wooshkeetaan.
I'm thinking about installing either a Harken "Unit 1 Cruising Furling
System" or the Facnor LS 130 Jib Furler .  Has anyone had experience
with either of these systems (I'd appreciate comments, if so) and can
anyone confirm the relevant "factory" specifications of our boats?
Specifically:  I'm looking for certain dimensions:  The "I" dimension,
which is the length of the vertical line measured from the maximum
hoisting point of the Genoa all the way down to the lowest point of
the deck (Mauri Pro has it listed as 36 ft.).  I am also looking for
the "J", which is the base of the foretriangle measured along the deck
from the headstay pin to the front of the mast (Mauri Pro has it
listed as 10.5 ft.).  Finally, I'm looking for the headstay diameter
and clevis pin size.

Thanks, in advance.  I'm assuming my rig is stock, which I can verify
at a later point, but I'm not close to my boat for a few weeks and
this info would be very helpful in the meantime.

Regards, and happy sailing

John Scott
Wooshkeetaan #26