[Public-List] High Temperature

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Aug 26 02:41:47 PDT 2010

Jim,

On 8/26/10 2:56 AM, Rogers, Jim wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> We have a 1965 Alberg 30 with a Graymarine engine.
> The Sherwood water pump was recently rebuilt.
> The faceplate on the pump, the end opposite the sheave, is hot to the
> touch.
> The water exiting from the exhaust appears to have some steam in it
> or maybe just hot water.
> The thermostat was recently replaced with a new 160 degree thermostat.
> The engine block is also hot to the touch.
>
> The engine runs very well and smoothly,  there is lots of water
> coming out of the exhaust.

I don't know the Gray very well, but based on my experience with the
Atomic 4, I suspect you've got some blockage in the water passages.  On
the Atomic 4, a likely suspect is flakes of rust in the exhaust
manifold.  It can be a tricky thing to track down, as they move around
from time to time.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org