[Public-List] prop zincs

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:24:06 PST 2010

Greetings,
    No, I never have my boat plugged in at the dock-- no chargers. I
understand that others around me may have set ups that contribute to my
corroding zinc.

    I've thought of the electric shock possibility a couple of times. I've
changed my zincs in the water many times over the years, but yes, your
comment makes me give that a second thought....

    I'll check with the marina and see what they say.

     I've thought of using the whatdoyoucallit-- where you tie up in the
right place, wait for the tide to recede while the boat settles onto beams
on the bottom, thus exposing the bottom of the boat for between-tides
repairs.  But that's a huge time committment!

    I gather that most must be changing their zincs about once/year in salt
water.  Weird, I wonder what's going on.
    Many thanks for your comments---
Randy Katz
#249 Bellingham/Seattle, WA.