[Public-List] Boat Cabin Cushions

Laughing Gull laughing_gull at verizon.net
Sat Feb 6 09:38:48 PST 2010

It makes that sewing machine from Sailrite for $1000 seem like a deal.

Jonathan Adams
Mobile: 443-538-7443
Composed on PDA

On Feb 6, 2010, at 9:58 AM, David Terrell <dterrell1 at charter.net> wrote:

A local shop quoted about $2400, but a local upholsterer did it for about $1400 USD. this was several years ago.

David
---- Michael <dickdurk at atlanticbb.net> wrote:
The foam for the cushions can not be a square cut.  There are curved
edges and if the measurements are not correct and the curves
considered, the cushions will never fit properly.  Whoever makes the
cushions and covers should do the measuring.  That is the important
part.  Not cheap but well worth the expense.  Our beautiful boats
deserve it!

Gail

I just got a soldering iron that has an attachment that could be used
for cutting foam (from Lowes). My bucket list plan is to get foam (there
are endless varieties of densities and thicknesses), cut to fit, then
send off to have covered professionally.

Wouldn't a forepeak with Swedish/spacecraft memory foam
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A8BU92/ref=asc_df_B000A8BU921024294?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B000A8BU92
be the cat's meow?

MichaelGrosh