[Public-List] Tack Hooks

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 10 13:40:03 PST 2010

I really like the idea of lashing the clew down to the boom.  The approach I have taken is to simplify things as much as possible.  I guess tack hooks are not that big a deal but the idea doing more rope work appeals.  The self-furling head sail has gone so the all lines led aft arrangement I have now is not going to be that useful.  Going up to the mast (and beyond) is now a requirement so why not lash the main when new reef points are required.

David I assume you tie off each reef point as you lower the main or do you have tack hooks and simply lash the clew when the sail is not reefedÉ

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Even more useful after I discovered a fabricated combined toggle tack hooks costs about 300. ouch!

Mick  231