[Public-List] mast beam repair

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Wed Jan 6 11:53:12 PST 2010

I knew bruce did some great things but this sister configuration is really
a simple build-up and I believe was originally done (not engineered) but
templated from cardboard cut to the shape of a where a piece of aluminum
would fit on either side of the beam. Then this template was taken to
Wash. Aluminum and they water jetted the piece.

Now I have to say that f you wished to do your own pieces - you could
probably do them for less than $100 by buying a scrap piece of 1/4"
Aluminum plate and making templates & cutting it yourself. It would look
as nice as the job Wash Alum does ... if not better. They quoted me
ridiculous prices for buying the window frames from them ... so I made my
own and those came out wonderfully! Just need a Jigsaw and wood blades -
not bi-metal. follow the pattern and you'll be done in 2 hours.

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57