[Public-List] Mast Beam Repair

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Jan 7 09:59:22 PST 2010

Hi Mike -

Your comment brings to mind a conversation I had nearly thirty years
ago with a old Danish boat builder.  We were discussing the
construction techniques used in building Folkboats.  He said to me "ve
never taut deese things vood still be around - ve built dem good, but
quick!  Dey wuz supposed to be cheap, light racing boats."

I wonder if the boys at Whitby Boatworks thought that (up to) fifty
years later people would still be sailing and enjoying the A30?
Considering the pace at which they were built, I think the fact that
most are still good boats, still sailing and giving people pleasure,
is a testament to the people who built them.

Gord