[Public-List] Henry Ford invention

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 05:54:28 PST 2010

Wow, not that I am old enough to have seen it first hand, but these things were in use in the woods in the late 1920's hauling pulpwood and pit props from the Lomond River valley here in western Newfoundland.  There is old B&W footage of them hauling massive loads to the Lomond wharf to be shipped to the paper mill in Corner Brook or overseas destinations.

Cheers,

Hugh

P.S. To keep this on topic we sail our Alberg to Lomond when the ice is not too thick!