[Public-List] Alberg longevity (was RE: Mast Beam Repair)

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Jan 8 07:24:05 PST 2010

I have connections with Roskilde - it is the Danish base for their
Atlantic Challenge program - I am a co-founder of AC here in Canada.

When we got that shindig going I was working at a naval historic site
here, helping it fight for its life.   At the same time some routine
work at Roskilde turned up several buried Viking ships... they changed
the whole project and dedicated the land to building a museum to
shelter them.  What a difference from the way national heritage is
viewed over here!