[Public-List] Knockdown in an Alberg 30

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Tue Jan 12 08:04:54 PST 2010

Your chances of being rolled on the Great Lakes is very small and only in
shoaling waters, where I did see video of a C&C being rolled at a Harbour
Mouth in a gale in Michigan. However the chances are remote.

There is no such thing as a roll proof rig as hydrodynamic forces are almost
impossible to predict under real world dynamic conditions. If the sails are
up few rigs will survive - Gypsy Moth was rolled with her sails up in the
Southern Ocean and the rigs did not come down, but that is more likely plain
luck.

Simply reinforce everything, particularly chain plates and go sailing.

You have a better chance of being struck by lightening

Best

John