[Public-List] Alberg 30 Weak Links

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Sun Jan 17 09:21:43 PST 2010

I have just replaced my standing rigging not because of the nicro fitting
but due to wire strech on the lowers and very loose threads on the shrouds
and a broken wire in the shroud.  A few years back a friend was leaning
against his backstay just after rigging the boat when his back stay parted
at the turnbuckle.  His threads were so warn that the stud pulled right
through.  The nicro fitting was in good condition, note I am a fresh water
boat.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380