[Public-List] Alberg Rig

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 17 21:47:29 PST 2010

Greetings,

I am in the middle of ordering everything required to re-rig #231 and how topical to see the discussion on the strengths/weaknesses of the rig.  I have the original spreader brackets and was about to put them back on.  I have always had some reservations due to their age but now I'm thinking it over again, especially as it is going to cost about $2000 to do the rigging - I don't want a weak link.

I am considering using Blue Wave/ Suncor fittings.  They come with  a recommendation and have a great review I found on the web but very little discussion compared to Norseman and Stalok (currently #231 has Norseman).  Does anyone on the list have any experience with these?  The major appeal is the ease of installation - no cones and no wire spreading required and also their quality of construction.  Anythoughts?

thanks

Mick