[Public-List] rigging

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 18 08:15:47 PST 2010

Gord;
Thanks.  What I was quoting was their page of "typical" strengths for
wire and ropes (none of which they make) and they also say the breaking
strengths vary greatly by manufacturer. All the more reason to check the
specs on the roll. Sorting out forces on blocks, never mind block WWL
and breaking load is always something I find a bit tricky. As for
winches, I am biased there to Andersens for my current uses, so would
not consider specs in the Harken catalogue for them either.
Don