[Public-List] canucks

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 24 02:10:37 PST 2010

Dates back to a least WWI, when Canadian troops took Vimy Ridge, which both
the Brits and French had failed to do previously. It was the first Battle
along with Passendale, where Canadian troops were led by there own as
opposed to British officers. Vimy has often been cited as the day Canada
truly became a nation.

Canada raised an army of 350,000 out of a nation of 4-5 million to fight in
WWI.

John