[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 1851, Issue 1

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Jul 11 15:14:30 PDT 2010

Traveling through Cape May, you are familiar with the "back door" canal
out of the harbor to the Delaware River? Don't recall the clearance, but
I think the Alberg can use it. As a warning, there are strong currents
and overfalls going around Cape May, outside. Don't cut it close, even
where the depths look o.k.

The Delaware River is a pain. Shallow except in the ship channel, which
can be busy.

In my experience, the wind is always against you!

In many trips, I once carried the tide most of the way from Cape May to
the canal. Hard to do, but worth if if you can.
- Gordon White

Brigadoon II