[Public-List] Alberg 30 or Triton? - layup of glass

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Thu Jul 1 12:16:15 PDT 2010

"They were built with semi-skilled (to be generous) labor, with resin rich,
polyester layups, and to a price."

I must respectfully disagree. While yes, they were built to a price, as
everything is - they are not Hinckley's, they were never meant to be - that
is why a Hinckley costs more.

As for layup of glass. Destructive tests over the years of plugs drilled
from several hulls, for through hulls, has repeatedly revealed the hulls
were laid up to the top Gibbs & Cox specifications of the time - 40% 60%
Resin Glass mix. Of course today that would be considered resin rich, but
back then it was state-of-the-art.

Just setting the facts straight.

And that is why Albergs have not fallen apart these past 45 years.

Best all and have a great Canada Day weekend eh.

John -    PS happy 4th to all our Yankee friends and all those South of the
M/D line ; )