[Public-List] painting

Roger L. Kingsland r.kingsland at ksba.com
Wed Jul 7 10:08:14 PDT 2010

I used a three part epoxy from Signature Finishes in Florida.  Per
instructions, I added a combination of fine & course non slip (think it came
from Peddit?)) applied w/ a hook roller stirring often.  I filled the deck
"knurling" w/ trowled on epoxy then sanded.  I didn't do the cockpit sole
and the original knurling reads through the no slip paint but doesn't look
terrible.  If you use a thinner paint like an epoxy, suggest cutting the
masking tape into proper radius for the corners rather than using multiple
layers of straight tape to form the curve.  We did the latter and some of
the pained leaked under the tape.  Also learned the epoxy paint actually
melts those fancy plastic masking tapes.

Roger 148