[Public-List] Bilge pumps

James Allocco jamesallocco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:21:44 PDT 2010

I have #565 a boat with a liner.  I epoxied (4) 1/4 - 20 Flat Head Machine
bolts to the bottom of the bilge with the treads facing up. I mounted my
bilge pump to a lexan or Plexiglas plate then set the plate over the 4 bolts
and attached it with wing nuts. If you make the bolt holes in the plate
large enough the plate and pump sit close to the bilge bottom. This makes
for east replacement. My first plate was Aluminium but Lexan doesn't
corrode.

BTW  my pump hasn't worked in 2+ years.

Jim Allocco
Barchetta Mia #565