[Public-List] Racers speed of A30

Lawrence Morris morris.lc at verizon.net
Mon Jul 19 15:29:15 PDT 2010

Bruno

Two things that i think is hurting your performance. First the 120 jib
is a real sacrifice in power. We race with 170's hear on the bay. And
I am willing to bet that the grampion and the mirage are sailing with
155's at a minimum.  You trim in the big genoa and play the mainsheet
to keep the rail out of the water and the helm neutral.

Secondly, three bladed prop spinning or not is considerable drag. It
is as moch as a half a knot when the breeze is up.

I wouldn't be to concerned with the type of bottom paint as long as
the bottom is smooth and cleaned before each race. These boats have a
lot of wetted surface and need to be clean to reach performance goals.

Larry Morris
Bosun Yacht Systems

Sent from my iPhone