[Public-List] Boom gooseneck track

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Wed Jul 28 06:56:43 PDT 2010

The old bolts were stainless steel... I am sure there was no loctite used.
That said, white aluminium oxidation does a pretty good job in loctite's
place!

I would not at all be surprised to see the bolts eventually break through
normal use.  In our rig we noticed the track moving slightly while
running... Naturally aside from tightening the screws in a haphazard manner
with my Swiss Army knife, I didn't take any action until the the remaining
bolts finally broke while sailing in medium air.  Once things start to go it
doesn't take a catastrophic event to finally break it.  The final break was
caused by weeks of a little wiggle port and starboard fatiguing the screws,
of which there were fewer and fewer...

Gord #426