[Public-List] Spinnaker Pole

Greg Bover gregbover at cbfisk.com
Mon Jun 14 04:52:12 PDT 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen,

What are you using for spinnaker poles? The A-30 webpage lists information
about length, but what about diameter? Our boat came from the PO with a 3"
pole that has a broken end. To my eye it looks larger than necessary to do
the job safely, so I am thinking of replacing the whole thing with 2" or 2
1/2" so it will be easier to handle. Your experience?

Also, do folks use their spinnaker poles as whisker poles when running wing
and wing? Or do you carry a separate one?

Thanks for the help.

Greg Bover
Frances Fitch
Linnet #114