[Public-List] Alberg 30 or Triton?

Daniel Michaels nov32394 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 13:59:07 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a single handed blue water cruiser to sail to Europe and beyond. I plan on living alone or with one other person. I have found a couple of each of the selected boats. Ranging from #3 Triton to 653 newer 66 model. and 1964 to 67 Alberg 30's. Prices range in the $,1000.00 range for the Triton to $10,000.00 for the Alberg. Either boats after refitting will be about the same price at $15,000.00. I am not planning on using the inboard engines but an out board. Which boat am I likely to like best. I am looking more for ease of use (Safety at sea) than comfort.

Dan