[Public-List] Size of a typical Genoa ?

Laughing Gull laughing_gull at verizon.net
Mon Jun 28 13:49:08 PDT 2010

I think the Bacons Sails web site has measurements. if you select Alberg and genoa, I think it has choices with measurements and sq ft.

Jonathan Adams
Mobile: 443-538-7443
Composed on PDA

On Jun 28, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Kris Coward <kris at melon.org> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Well the sails offered up on this list a little while ago had a 170%
genoa as a #1, so with a total (spec) sail area of 420 sq. ft., that
suggests the #1 having a typical area of 1.7/2.7*420=264.4 sq. ft. (so
307 seems kinda high).

Cheers,
Kris
#583 Candy Cane