[Public-List] Spreader Lengths

Michael Taylor m_tayau at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 29 14:24:33 PDT 2010

I am ordering new aluminum spreaders from Klacko spars in Toronto.   Danny makes them up as an aerofoil design 40" long.  My old wooden spreaders are 36 3/4" as are others I discovered in the archive.  I was always of the belief that the combined two spreaders, mast, spreader base widths should be equal to the distance between the two lower shroud chain plates so that the shroud runs vertically down from the spreader tip to the chain plate.

Does anyone agree with this or is there something that I have not taken into account?  I have just emailed Danny also but I have not given him time for a response.

Thanks

Mick