[Public-List] stoves

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Mar 12 06:42:01 PST 2010

WRT putting out alcohol fires with water: better practice that.  Just
pouring water often results in burning alcohol floating on
water--spreading the fire.  Better to use a wet towel and smother it.
(This tip came from my marine insurance agent.)

We use the butane cannister stove.  It would be a little expensive for a
liveaboard, but isn't bad for casual use.  You can get the fuel at
oriental grocers much cheaper than at boat stores.  (The AllGreen Market
near us has them 4 for $5.)  Store them abovedecks, as the fuel is
heavier than air.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org