[Public-List] stoves

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Fri Mar 12 06:27:52 PST 2010

I grew up on Alcohol - it takes forever to boil water - I mean like 1/2
hour. Though it is safe and you can put out fires with water. You must
regularly maintain the rubber parts as they deteriorate with the
alcohol.

Much better I believe is the Origo - lighter fluid type. The challenge
is finding the fuel. I can get it at True Value or Ace hardware usually
or last resort - West Marine. But on an A30 you can get hot coffee in a
few minutes instead of hours. And it stores easily and safely.

I cannot believe that lighter fluid is Illegal in Canada as a fuel for
these stoves. They are quite easy an safe to use... oh well.

C.B. Currier
Infinity #57