[Public-List] Stoves.. and a note about propane

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Mar 14 07:56:14 PDT 2010

Hi there -

The difference is where the stove is used, and how it is put away to be
stored.  A BBQ is most safely used when it is astern and it's fuel never
stowed below or in the cockpit.

A Coleman stove has to be laid on deck or on a cockpit seat; and when not in
use is liable to stowed somewhere below decks.  If there is any leaking in
the cap or feed valves the vapour has nowhere to go but into the bilge.
That is more than a what-if... A good analogy would be driving on bald
tyres.... One can get away with it for years but one occurrence of speed and
rain would be fatal; and who would not agree that such an accident in such a
circumstance was preventable?

Gord #426 SURPRISE