[Public-List] Stoves.. and a note about propane

Dennis K. Biby sailor at aweigh.com
Sun Mar 14 07:17:33 PDT 2010

How does a propane Coleman stove on deck differ from the propane BBQ grill
on the rail?

If they leak, either one under the proper wind conditions can send propane
to the bilge where it can mix with the gasoline from a leaky A-4.

Having used pressurized alcohol stoves, propane stoves, and Coleman stoves
plus solid-fuel and electric heating stoves over many, many years of living
aboard, it seems to me that life is prolonged by understanding the risks and
taking the proper precautions and that life is enjoyed by not over-playing
the what-ifs.

Just my 2-barnacles,

Dennis
s/v Ferrity

Visit MolokaiReef.com to learn more about my mystery novel:  Molokai Reef -
Gybe Sails Hawaii.