[Public-List] Bulkhead Tabbing on Early Boats

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:57:54 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I hope this is not a repeat email. I sent a copy of this earlier today
and while it made it into the archives I never received it in my own
mailbox.

On #116, the tabbing is exposed on the interior bulkheads.  When I got
the boat, some of the tabbing had cracked a little here and there so
when I repainted, I cut off the sections of separated tabbing and
added new.  The tabbing seems to be able to survive road transport,
the summer in the water and the road transport back (100 miles). Now
for the second winter, I'm getting some failures in the tabbing. Not
major failures, just cosmetic at this point with the current extent of
delaminated fiberglass.

My guess is that the hull, deck and bulkheads are expanding &
contracting over the winter at different rates causing the failures.

I'm curious if other A30 owners see similar issues.

PS. I too have had the small propane bottles leak after unscrewing
them. No way do I trust them.

PPS. Gord, looking forward to your lecture this weekend in Portland.

Jeff
#116 Seagrass

--
Jeffrey Fongemie