[Public-List] Whitby thru-hulls

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Fri Mar 26 14:14:37 PDT 2010

Hi Stephen,

When I replaced my original through hulls and seacocks, I found the
hull to be somewhere around 3/8" , which isn't so different from yours
(and I'm not sure my measurement was micrometer-accurate).  My boat
was a 1967.

I only had one of those homemade through-hulls left, and while it
wasn't "broken" (boat had been in freshwater all its life), I was
still glad to have it gone, and to have a proper seacock and new
through hull in its place.  But I don't like to worry about things
beneath the waterline.

(That said, with a proper seacock it's not necessarily that important
what the through hull is like; but the homemade through hulls also had
gate valves on them.)

Rachel
ex-#221