[Public-List] size of pin holding lower shrouds?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon May 10 06:34:05 PDT 2010

I'm going to try again on setting up lazy jacks.  I did a temporary
arrangement before, but it's coming apart and it's time to re-do it.  In
the process, I'd like to take advantage of some of the things I've learned.

I previously put cheek blocks halfway between the spreaders and the
masthead.  This now seems too high to me, as the sail doesn't need any
support at that height.  Also, these blocks sometimes foul a halyard.

I'm thinking of hanging blocks off the pin of the aft lower shrouds
(unless someone convinces me that's a bad idea).  Does anyone know the
diameter of those pins?  It'd be nice to prepare a fitting /before/
going up the mast.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org