[Public-List] Rudder Construction

JIRVING104 at aol.com JIRVING104 at aol.com
Mon May 17 03:31:13 PDT 2010

I'm stripping 30 years of bottom paint off Scotch Bonnet (#634).  The
rudder has some large star bursts.  They are about 6" in diameter, and  don't
appear to go below the gel coat.  Any suggestions on what I should do  to
repair?  The rudder construction (1979) seems to have a core  construction based
on looking at the trailing edge with the paint removed, but  I'd appreciate
any input on what the core is made of.  I'm guessing the  core is solid
glass.
John Irving