[Public-List] Rudder Construction

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon May 17 04:25:38 PDT 2010

John,

Given what I found in Calypso (#543) I'm guessing your rudder core is
made of syntactic foam.  The two sides of the rudder were laid up in
molds. One side was glassed to the pins coming out of the rudder post,
and then the gap was filled with foamed resin.

Check http://alberg30.org/maintenance/Steering/RudderVarieties/ and the
message archives
http://lists.alberg30.org/pipermail/public-list-alberg30.org/ as this
topic has been discussed in depth.