[Public-List] Is my hatch original?

dan walker dsailormon at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 11:16:15 PDT 2010

jeff,
sorry i cannot tell you for sure,but when i acquired rascal she had a hatch like yours,- i think. apparently a good wind---say a truck rolling at 70 miles per hour down interstate 65, will also cause the hatch to abandon ship. always wondered if some poor guy was just cruising behind rascal admiring her lines when she threw her hatch at him. he probably disliked her at that point. a woodworker friend made a new one that we tried to "fix" what you are pointing out. iam not sure now what our fix was, i think we used plexiglas that fit under the stainless on either side and in the interior we added wood brackets that hold down the aft/codkpit side. but when i have shipped her since, i run lines from the handrails over the top of the hatch just in case she wants to throw the  hatch again
dan