[Public-List] Incline test on an Alberg 30?

Tom Moffatt tmoffatt at xplornet.com
Sat May 8 15:26:35 PDT 2010

Everyone who ever had an Alberg 30 knows how initially tender the boat is.
But then as it gets to the point of getting the lee rail near the water, it
turns rock solid.

I bought a copy of the video of "Jean du Sud", and have found watching it in
big waves gives exactly the same memories I had on my own Alberg's stability
- rolls easily to start, but then stops.

In heavy seas the Alberg 30 would be exhausting - but very high on the scale
of safety.

Tom Moffatt