[Public-List] Freshwater tank lid, seal or no seal

Michael dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Sat May 15 04:27:00 PDT 2010

Silicone sealant pops free fairly easy for future removal/ inspection.
When the tank is very full, or the boat heeled to port, there is
pressure on that cover, and you end up with water sloshing around in the
space under the bunk with no easy way for it to drain off. That plate is
also in a not very optimum location for tank maintainance. See
http://www.alberg30.org/collaborate/FreshWaterTank for what I have done.
Pay attention to the vent hose also, it was years before I figured that
little problem. I'm a slow learner.

MichaelGrosh