[Public-List] Pump out logs

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon May 17 16:26:54 PDT 2010

All -

Just a note to those who sail in (or through) North Carolina, the entire
text of the bill is now available here:
http://cruisersnet.net/category/nc-north-carolina/

Two key quotes:

"(b) A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 3 misdemeanor. No
civil penalty shall be assessed under G.S. 77-130 for a violation of this
section."
(This is the section about the pump out logs)

"SECTION 2. The Division of Coastal Management of the Department of
Environment and Natural Resources shall design and implement a pilot program
in New Hanover County to begin phasing in the requirements of Section 1 of
this act."
(New Hanover County is the Wilmington, North Carolina area.)

Hope this doesn't keep any of you from enjoying the great sailing here.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229