[Public-List] How does the top mast step bolt to the lower mast step plate on older boats?

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Tue May 25 03:43:21 PDT 2010

Thanks Geeorge, Rachel, Michael,

I'll proceed as advised.

My lower piece has a broken stud, so someone drilled new holes, but
not all the way through likely because the step was still on the deck,
and they tapped down just a little. On two of the holes I just get a
few turns with the bolt. I've drilled all the way through, and tapped
good treads all the way through. I'll get new bolts and cut them down
so they just barely miss the deck.

-jeff

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass