[Public-List] How does the top mast step bolt to the lower mast step plate on older boats?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon May 24 09:54:50 PDT 2010

I've not gotten around to turning these into proper web pages, but
perhaps http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/maststep/ and
http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/maststep/retapping/ will help.

The mast step is only intended to hold the bottom of the mast in
position.  The shrouds and stays hold it in place.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org