[Public-List] zinc anodes

mahseer at kos.net mahseer at kos.net
Wed May 26 05:54:09 PDT 2010

Ed

I have Hull #380 and have done a complete rebuild and found the same
condition of all equipment as you when in fresh water.  Having said that,
one year in salt water the winter of 2008/2009 I found that a lot of the
stainless steel rusted, any old chrome plated bronze not in good condition
went green.  Whitby boat work used a lot of ferrous fastening and they
also rusted so be prepared to redo your boat when you get home as I have
over the winter and spring.  Was the trip worth it absolutely and plan to
do it again soon.

Enjoy
john Boor
MAHSEER #380