[Public-List] Cetol vs west systemRe: Seagrass

Rachel penokee at cheqnet.net
Thu May 27 20:46:01 PDT 2010

Epoxy is not UV resistant, so it does not make a good top coat.

Some people do use epoxy as a built coat(s), but then they typically
varnish over it for UV protection.

I don't epoxy under varnish myself, because I don't like the idea of
having to remove it when it eventually fails.  But it does make for
fast building.

The best thing for low maintenance is paint - because of the solid
color it has much more UV resistance than any "clear" finish can.  If
you go this route, you can build up a nice gloss varnish base first,
and then when you feel like spending more time maintaining a finish
again (presuming you do), you can strip the paint and go back to
varnish.

Rachel
ex-#221