[Public-List] Cetol vs west systemRe: Seagrass - Cetol Natural ?

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Mon May 31 05:53:05 PDT 2010

I agree Michael. I suspect the problems with varnish in particular up north
takes place during winter. That the expansion rates are different between
Teak and varnish and under a tarp temperatures can vary wildly in the dead
of winter over an hour or two going from +10 to minus 20 as the sun sets.

I think that weakens the bond to the teak and is where most white patches
come from as the varnish and hard finishes loose their bond to the teak from
underneath.

Cetol in particular seems to not do that in my experience. So it is the best
compromise finish I have found.

Right now we are doing a complete strip of the neglected finish on Sunstone
our A-37 - am going to try Cetol Natural.

Anyone else tried Cetol Natural ?

If so, your thoughts ?

Always fun and games

Best